But that doesn’t mean you can’t still make DIY Sizzler Bread at home, with this recipe (see below) that’s doing the rounds on social media.
Home cook Sherrie recently shared her homemade Sizzler Bread on the fabulous Mums Who Cook & Bake Facebook group, and it got the big thumbs up from other members - and took many on a trip down memory lane!
Said one: ‘Oh god I did not need to know how to do this at home! I will eat this until i explode!’ Added another: ‘Omg I miss Sizzler.’
Said a third: ‘I have such fond memories of going to sizzlers with my mum sisters and nieces when they were littlies. I have to try this recipe.’
Added one more: ‘My Dad was a Manager of Sizzlers for 20 years so I really do have fond memories of Sizzlers.’
Aww, love it. Now, we’re off to make some Sizzler Bread!
DIY Sizzler Bread
* Thick sliced white bread
* Butter (at room temperature) or margarine
* Can of Kraft Parmesan Cheese
1. Combine equal amounts of butter or margarine with parmesan and mix to create a paste.
2. Using a knife, spread the parmesan and butter/margarine paste on one side of your bread.
3. Pan-fry the bread paste-side down in a frypan over a medium heat and place a lid or flat plate over the bread so it can steam while cooking. Cook until golden brown and serve.