It’s quick, easy and the kids will love it.
*2 cups self-raising flour
* 2 cups of grated carrots
* 1 tin of condensed milk
* 100g of pecan nuts (or walnuts)
* Note, you can also add a small handful of sultanas
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
2. Pour into a lined loaf tin.
3. Bake for 45 minutes at 180C for around 45 minutes.
Cream cheese icing
* 60g softened butter
* 500g sifted icing sugar
* 250g cream cheese
* 80ml lemon juice
1. Using a mixer or handheld mixer beat the cream cheese until smooth.
2. Add the softened butter and beat for 30-60 seconds until smooth and well combined.
3. Add lemon juice and sifted icing sugar and continue to mix until fully combined.
4. Add icing to cake once fully cooled.
This story first appeared on Practical Parenting