Sydney International Wine Competition Chair of Judges, Warren Gibson, said that the wines that made it through to medal contention were of the highest quality and 'good food wines'.
The awards come after ALDI’s One Road South Australia & Heathcote Road Shiraz 2018 took out the gold medal at the Great Australian Shiraz Challenge - making it the third year in a row that the bargain drop was won the prestigious award.
Meanwhile, ALDI’S South Point Estate Rosé - priced at a very reasonable $4.99 - was also recently voted Australia’s number one favourite ALDI product in our ‘The People’s Picks’ consumer awards.
The rosé has also picked up a string of other awards over the last 12 months - including a gold medal at the 2018 Sydney International Wine Comp, a silver at the 2018 Perth Royal Wine Show and six bronze medals across other state contests.
The top Aldi wines for 2019
* Veuve Monsigny Brut Champagne - $21.99
* One Road Goulburn & King Valley Cabernet Merlot 2018 - $6.99
* A.C. Byrne & Co Margaret River Cabernet Merlot 2018 - $9.99
* One Road South Australia & Heathcote Road Shiraz 2018 - $6.99
* South Point Estate Rosé - $4.99