250 g farfalle pasta
1 Tbsp olive oil
600 g chicken breast fillets, trimmed, cut into 2cm pieces
150 g shortcut bacon, chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
½ cup dry white wine
300 ml tub light cooking cream
1 chicken stock cube, crumbled
1 cup frozen peas
¼ cup finely chopped fresh chives
1 ½ cups grated cheese
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
- Grease a round oven-proof dish (10-cup capacity).
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well.
- Heat oil in a large, deep, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add chicken in two batches. Cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes, or until browned. Remove.
Add bacon to same hot pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes, or until crisp. Stir in garlic. Add wine. Bring to boil. Stir in combined cream, stock cube and ½ cup water. Return to a boil. Gently boil for about 2 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in chicken, pasta, peas, chives and 1 cup of the cheese. Season.
- Spoon into prepared dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve.