How to make your own at home:
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 3 cups water
- Cheesecloth or straining bag
- 1 Medjool date (optional)
- 1 vanilla bean (optional)
1. Soak almonds in 1 cup of water for 8 hours or overnight with a pinch of salt.
2. Place almonds and in a blender with two cups of water (add in vanilla and dates for a sweet touch). Blend on medium to high for three minutes.
3. Using a sieve, cheesecloth or straining bag, drain the liquid from the blender. Give the pulp that the bag catches a good squeeze to remove any excess liquid.
4. Store milk in an airtight container in the fridge for three days. You can use the pulp as you would almond meal in baking in the next week.
Here’s one of our favourite recipes using almond milk:
Almond milk waffles with almond custard and strawberry salad
Serve this crowd-pleasing favourite and breeze through the summer entertaining season. It's fresh and dairy-free. Get the full recipe.