Who says Anzac Day is the only time you can enjoy these scrumptious crumbling bickies?
1 cup traditional rolled oats
1 cup plain flour
1 cup desiccated coconut
¾ cup caster sugar
125 g unsalted butter, chopped
2 tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tbsp boiling water
- Grease two oven trays. Line with baking paper.
- Place oats, flour, coconut and sugar in a large bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Melt butter and syrup in a medium saucepan over a low heat. Dissolve soda in boiling water in a small heatproof jug. Stir into butter mixture until it froths. Remove from heat.
- Pour warm butter mixture over oat mixture. Stir well until combined.
- Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place, 5cm apart, on prepared trays. Press to flatten slightly.
- Cook, one tray at a time, in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Stand biscuits on a tray for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.