1 ¼ cups (185g) self-raising flour
1 tbsp caster sugar
1 pinch salt
200 ml milk
60 g butter, melted, cooled, plus 50g extra to grease pan
2 red apples, grated
- Sift the self-raising flour into a large bowl and stir through the caster sugar and salt.
- In a jug, add the milk, egg and cooled melted butter, and whisk to combine.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the bowl with the flour and whisk to combine.
- Add the grated apple and stir through.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat and add 1 tbsp extra butter.
- Place dessert-spoon sized amounts of the mixture into the frying pan and cook for 1-2 minutes or until bubbles begin to appear on the surface of the pikelets, before carefully flipping over and cooking for a further minute.
- Transfer the cooked apple pikelets onto a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Repeat (adding a little extra butter as needed) until you have used all of the mixture.
- Serve apple pikelets with your favourite toppings.