400 g can pie apples, sliced
½ cup frozen raspberries
¼ cup low-GI soft icing mixture
1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
6 sheets filo pastry
Cooking oil spray
fresh raspberries, to decorate
1 cup reduced-fat smooth ricotta
½ tsp vanilla bean paste
2 tbsp low-GI soft icing mixture
1 tbsp skim milk
- Grease a six-hole Texas muffin pan (¾-cup capacity).
- Combine apples, raspberries, icing mixture and rind in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Layer pastry sheets together, spraying with a little oil between each layer. Using a small sharp knife and a 13cm-diameter bowl as a guide, cut around bowl to make six rounds
- Press rounds into prepared pan holes. Divide fruit mixture among pastry cases (about ¼ cup each).
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 25 minutes, or until pastry is crisp. Stand in pan for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Meanwhile, make ricotta cream. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl of an electric mixer. Beat until almost smooth.
- Serve warm tarts topped with about 2 tbsp ricotta cream on each. Decorate with fresh raspberries.