A butterflied lamb leg is stuffed with apricots and served with Moroccan couscous - and it couldn't be easier.
1 cup dried apricots (200 g)
1.1 kg garlic and lemon butterflied lamb shoulder
1.5 cups apricot nectar (375 ml)
100 g sachet moroccan-flavoured couscous
1 bunch silverbeet trimmed and thickly sliced
4 roma tomatoes deseeded and thinly sliced
- Place ¾ cup apricots across shorter width of lamb and roll up. Tie at 3cm intervals with kitchen string. Thinly slice remaining apricots.
- Brown lamb all over in a heated, lightly oiled flameproof roasting pan. Remove from heat. Add ½ cup nectar and ½ cup water.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 40 minutes, or until tender. Remove. Rest lamb.
- Add remaining nectar to pan. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to boil on stovetop. Simmer, stirring, until thickened.
- Make couscous according to packet directions. Pour boiling water over silverbeet. Drain immediately. Stir through couscous with tomatoes and remaining apricots.
- Serve sliced lamb with couscous and sauce.