2 tbsp vegetable oil
750 g chicken mince
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp Chinese five-spice
½ tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp cornflour
¼ cup water
¼ cup kecap manis
2 tbsp white vinegar
4 green spring onions, thinly sliced
Salt, to taste
4 tortilla wraps, warmed
Shredded baby cos lettuce, fresh mint leaves and fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Add chicken in two batches. Cook, stirring to break up mince, for 4 minutes, or until changed in colour.
- Return all chicken to pan. Add garlic, five-spice and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Blend cornflour with water in a small jug. Stir in kecap manis and vinegar. Add to chicken with onions. Season with salt.
- Cook, stirring, for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until sauce boils and chicken is cooked.
- Serve chicken mixture and lettuce with warmed tortillas. Top with mint and coriander.