275 g packet gow gee wrappers
2 tbsp vegetable oil
¼ cup sweet chilli sauce to serve
250 g pork mince
3 green spring onions finely chopped
3 cm piece fresh ginger peeled, finely chopped (30 g)
2 cloves garlic crushed
2 tsp brown sugar
2 long red chillies deseeded, finely chopped
1 tbsp mirin
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp ketjap manis (sweet soy sauce)
1 egg white
- To make filling, combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- To assemble dumplings, place 2 heaped tsp of filling in centre of one wrapper. Brush one edge with water. Pinch sides together to seal. Repeat with remaining pork mixture and wrappers.
- Pour enough water into a large frying pan to cover base. Bring to boil. Add dumplings in batches. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 3 minutes. Remove dumplings from pan using a slotted spoon. Drain pan. Dry thoroughly.
- Heat oil in same frying pan over a medium heat. Add dumplings in batches. Cook on the base only until golden brown. Remove.
- Serve pork wontons hot with sweet chilli sauce.