Proudly supported by
An takeaway favourite can now be made in your own kitchen with this delicious vegetarian recipe. It even uses packet rice, meaning it's ready super fast!
2 x 250 g steamed microwave white rice
500 g bag frozen stir-fry vegetables
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 eggs, lightly beaten
⅔ cup frozen peas
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
3 green spring onions, sliced
Thinly sliced chilli, to garnish
- Heat rice according to packet directions.
- Meanwhile, place stir-fry vegetables in a large, heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes, or until just tender. Drain.
- Heat half the oil in a large wok over a high heat. Add eggs. Swirl to coat base of wok. Cook, without stirring, for about 2 minutes, or until just set. Slide omelette out of wok. Roll up. Thinly slice.
- Add remaining oil and rice to hot wok with stir-fry vegetables, frozen peas and combined sauces. Cook, stirring, for a further 2 minutes, or until hot and peas are tender. Stir in onions.
- Serve rice topped with egg. Garnish with sliced chilli.