2 bunches fresh asparagus trimmed and halved
135 g punnet zucchini flowers halved lengthways, stamen removed
1 tbsp olive oil
250 g tub mascarpone
120 g goat's cheese
1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
1.5 cups plain flour (240 g)
¼ cup finely grated parmesan (25 g)
¼ cup polenta (40 g)
125 g cold butter chopped
salt to taste
1 tbsp cold water (may need up to 2 tbsp)
- Grease a 13cm x 35cm loose-based flan tin. Place on an oven tray.
- To make pastry, place flour, parmesan, polenta and butter in a food processor. Process until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Season with salt. With motor operating, add egg and water. Process until mixture comes together. Press evenly over base and sides of tin. Pierce base six times with a fork.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp. Cool in tin.
- Meanwhile, toss asparagus and zucchini with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, in six batches, on a heated grill plate, turning, for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until just tender. Cover to keep warm.
- To serve, remove pastry from tin. Combine mascarpone, cheese, rind, juice, dill and chives in a bowl. Season. Spread into pastry case. Top with warm asparagus and zucchini flowers.