170 g wholemeal pasta
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 brown onion, finely chopped
125 ml salt-reduced chicken stock cubes
1 Tbsp freshly squeezed fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp light margarine
60 g finely shredded Parmesan
500 g green prawns, peeled and deveined with tails attached
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 bunches asparagus, ends trimmed
olive oil spray
1 tsp finely grated fresh lemon zest
2 Tbsp chopped mint
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain well, reserving 160ml (2/3 cup) of cooking water. Set aside.
- Heat half of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6-7 minutes or until the onion softens.
- Add the linguine, reserved pasta water and pepper to the pan. Cook for 4 minutes or until pasta is just tender and most of the water is absorbed, stirring often. Add stock, lemon juice, margarine and half the parmesan. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Toss the prawns, garlic, remaining oil and pepper in a bowl. Thread the prawns onto 4 x 30cm skewers, leaving a small gap between each prawn. Spray asparagus with cooking spray. Add the prawn skewers and asparagus to the grill. Cook for 4-6 minutes, turning once, or until prawns are cooked and asparagus is tender crisp
- Cut the tips from asparagus and cut stalks into 2.5cm pieces. Stir asparagus into the linguine mixture and heat through. Serve topped with the prawns, remaining parmesan, lemon zest and mint.