An Adelaide mum has revealed her shock after discovering what appear to be maggots in a store-bought BBQ chook - AFTER she fed it to her children.
Adele Kate says she had bought the BBQ chicken from a local Woolworths in Morphett Vale on Sunday.
It was only after the mum sliced some of the chicken off for her children and they ate it, that she returned to the BBQ chook and noticed something crawling inside the meat.
Posting a video of what appear to be maggots wriggling through the chicken to Facebook, Adele wrote: 'I fed my children this before I found the centre.'
Facebook users were quick to react, expressing their own horror at the sight.
‘That is absolutely disgusting!!! You poor thing! Fairly sure this has put me off meat for life,’ one woman wrote.
Another wrote: ‘Omg no way, gross… I’m traumatised.’
A Woolworths spokesperson told Yahoo7 News they were investigating the Adelaide mum’s claims, saying they take food safety seriously.
‘We follow rigorous food preparation and safety standards across all of our stores,’ the spokesperson said.
‘We’re currently in touch with the customer and will be looking into the claim.’