3 medium eggplants (1kg)
¾ cup Greek yoghurt
¼ cup tahini
2 small cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tbsp lemon juice
Salt and pepper, to taste
400 g loaf Turkish bread
2 tbsp olive oil
coarsely chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
smoked paprika, to garnish
- Pierce eggplants all over with a fork.
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add eggplants. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until charred. Transfer to an oven tray.
- Cook in a very hot oven (220C) for about 20 minutes, or until tender and collapsed. Cool.
- Peel away and discard skin. Finely chop eggplant. Place in a large bowl with yoghurt, tahini, garlic, cumin and juice. Season. Mix well. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Place bread on an oven tray. Drizzle over 1 tbsp water and 1 tbsp of the oil.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 10 minutes, or until crisp. Remove.
- Garnish dip with parsley and paprika. Drizzle over remaining oil. Serve with bread cut into strips.