1 drizzle olive oil
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 brown onion, diced
1 cup rice
2 cups chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place a flameproof pan on your stovetop over medium heat. Add in a good drizzle of olive oil.
- Once the oil is warm, add in the teaspoon of turmeric and give it a quick fry-off.
- Place the onion in your pan and coat with the oil.
- Pour in the rice and stir well to coat.
- Add the stock, give it a quick stir, then turn off the heat.
- Cover tightly with foil and place in the oven for 40 minutes. Don't open it, don't look, don't stir, just leave it be.
- After 40 minutes, take off the foil and fluff with a fork. It's perfect every time! You can also use this as a basis for any risotto without the stirring!