8 large chicken drumsticks
1 cup buttermilk
1 small sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3cm pieces (320g)
500 g baby chat potatoes, cut into quarters
1 large red capsicum, cut into 3cm pieces
2 tbsp sunflower oil
1¼ cups cornflake crumbs
1 tbsp piri piri seasoning
2 tsp dried parsley flakes
½ tsp salt
⅓ cup creme fraiche, to serve
- Combine chicken and buttermilk in a large bowl. Refrigerate, covered, for 1 hour.
- Toss vegetables and oil in a bowl. Arrange in a roasting pan lined with baking paper.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for 10 minutes. Reduce oven to moderate (180C).
- Meanwhile, drain chicken. Discard milk. Coat drumsticks, one at a time, in combined crumbs, seasoning, parsley and salt. Arrange in pan with vegetables.
- Return pan to oven. Cook for a further 40 minutes, turning chicken halfway through cooking, or until crumbs are golden and chicken is cooked.
- Serve with creme fraiche.