Proudly supported by
Impress your Good Friday luncheon guests with this simple baked salmon dish.
1 medium fennel bulb
4- 6 pieces fresh salmon
1 lemon, cut into quarters
200 g punnet tomato medley, halved
sprigs fresh thyme
extra virgin olive oil
Pear and walnut salad, to serve (optional) see linked recipe
- Preheat oven to moderate 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Lightly grease a ovenproof platter or baking tray.
- Trim the fennel and cut into thin slices. Cut away any hard stem areas. Arrange over the platter or tray.
- Top fennel with salmon. Squeeze over the lemon and add to the salmon. Top with tomatoes and fresh thyme sprigs.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season to taste with black pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand for a few minutes. Serve with pear & walnut salad.