¾ cup cranberry sauce
1 beef stock cube (10 g), crumbled
⅓ cup boiling water
2 red apples, quartered, cored, halved
Steamed zucchini, to serve (optional)
Fresh chopped parsley, to garnish
500 g pork mince
1 small onion, grated
3 cloves garlic, crushed
⅓ cup packaged dried breadcrumbs
1 egg, lightly beaten
½ cup finely grated parmesan
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- To make pork balls, place all ingredients in a bowl. Mix well. Divide into four portions. Shape into balls.
- Combine sauce, cube and water in a jug. Mix well. Set aside.
- Heat an oiled, large, flameproof roasting pan over a medium heat. Add pork balls. Cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until browned. Remove from heat.
- Add apples to roasting pan. Pour over sauce mixture.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C), basting pork balls and apples twice during cooking with pan juices, for about 20 minutes, or until apples are tender.
- Serve with steamed zucchini (optional). Garnish with parsley.