250 g skinless chicken breast fillets, trimmed of fat, cut in half
2 garlic cloves, crushed
3cm piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
zest and juice ½ lemon
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
80 g risoni, dried pasta
extra virgin olive oil
1 large zucchini, sliced lengthways
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
125 g grape tomatoes, halved
60 g mixed salad leaves
- Put the chicken, garlic, ginger, lemon zest and juice and vinegar in a shallow dish. Toss to combine. Cover and set aside to marinate.
- Cook pasta in a small saucepan of boiling water, following pack instructions, or until al dente. Drain well and rinse under cold water. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, preheat a barbecue chargrill or pan on medium-high. Remove chicken from marinade and pat dry with paper towel. Spray both sides of the chicken, zucchini, asparagus and tomatoes with cooking spray. Add chicken, zucchini and asparagus to grill. Cook for 3-4 minutes, turning once, or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender crisp. Transfer to a plate. Add tomatoes to grill and cook for 2 minutes, turning, until just soft.
- Pour the marinade into a small, non-stick frying pan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer for 1 minute. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Shred chicken into pieces and cut asparagus into small pieces. Add chicken, zucchini, asparagus, tomato and salad leaves to pasta. Toss to combine. Add marinade to salad and toss again. Serve.