3- 4 overripe bananas, mashed
½ cup milk
50 g butter, melted
about 200 g leftover Easter chocolate, crumbled
2 cups self-raising flour
¼ cup plain flour
⅔ cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a loaf pan with baking paper.
- Add mashed bananas, milk, eggs, butter and chocolate to a mixing bowl.
- In another large bowl, sift flours, sugar and cinnamon together.
- Add the banana mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well. Transfer to the lined loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 mins until cooked through. Every oven is different, so test by inserting a skewer into the centre of the loaf – the skewer should come out with no batter on it.
- Remove bread from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan, before transferring to a wire rack, to cool completely.