850 g sweet potato, peeled, chopped
1 cup grated tasty cheese
500 g beef sausages, chopped
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1 ½ cups boiling water
¼ cup traditional gravy powder
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp wholegrain mustard
10 g beef stock cube, crumbled
¾ cup frozen peas
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Grease four ovenproof dishes (1½ cup-capacity).
- Cook potato in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender. Drain. Return to pan. Coarsely mash. Stir in half the cheese.
- Meanwhile, heat a large, nonstick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add sausages. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until browned. Remove from pan
- Add onion to same hot pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Whisk water, gravy powder, sauce, mustard and stock cube in a jug until combined. Add to pan. Return sausages. Bring to boil. Gently boil, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Stir in peas and parsley.
- Divide mixture evenly among prepared dishes. Top with mash. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Place on an oven tray.
- Cook in a very hot oven (220°C) for about 15 minutes, or until tops are lightly golden.
- Garnish with extra parsley.