2 tbsp caster sugar
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp hot water
1 medium carrot, shredded
¼ cup Japanese mayonnaise
6 large slices white bread, toasted
1 cup shredded roasted chicken breast (200 g)
1 small Lebanese cucumber, sliced diagonally
2 green spring onions, sliced diagonally
½ cup fresh coriander sprigs
½ fresh long red chilli, thinly sliced
2 tsp salt-reduced soy sauce
- Stir sugar, vinegar and water together in a small bowl until sugar is dissolved. Stir in carrot. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- To assemble, spread mayonnaise over one side of four of the toast slices.
- Divide chicken over two slices. Place the other two toast slices, mayonnaise-side down, over chicken.
- Drain carrot. Divide cucumber, carrot, onions, coriander and chilli over top of chicken sandwich. Drizzle evenly with soy sauce. Top with remaining toast slices.
- Using a serrated knife, cut sandwiches into quarters. Secure with toothpicks.