300 g dried banana chips
250 g packet butternut snap cookies
250 g block cream cheese, chopped, room temperature
380 g can caramel top 'n' fill
1 tsp vanilla essence
100 g dark cooking chocolate, finely chopped
2 x 290 g white chocolate melts
- Process the banana chips in a food processor until finely chopped, then transfer to a large bowl.
- Pulse the cookies in same food processor until coarsely chopped. Transfer to the bowl with the banana chips. Stir to combine. Reserve 1/3 cup.
- Process cream cheese, caramel and vanilla in same processor until smooth. Add to cookie mixture with dark chocolate. Mix well. Refrigerate, covered for 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place on a tray lined with baking paper. Refrigerate, covered for 1 hour.
- Place white chocolate in a large, heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a large saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- One at a time, dip balls into white chocolate to coat. Remove with a fork, allowing excess to drip away. Return to same tray. Sprinkle with reserved cookie mixture.
- Refrigerate truffles until set before serving.