500 g beef stir-fry strips
2 tblsps vegetable oil
1 onion halved, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves crushed
150 g green beans cut into thirds
150 g sugar snap peas ends trimmed
½ cup char siu sauce (125 ml)
1 tblsp soy sauce
½ tsp Chinese five-spice powder
½ bunch spring onions thinly sliced to garnish
1 ½ cups long grain rice steamed to serve
- Toss beef in half the oil.
- Heat a wok over high heat until hot. Add beef, in two batches. Stir-fry until just cooked. Remove. Cover to keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in same hot wok. Add onion, garlic, beans and sugar snap peas. Stir-fry until vegetables are almost tender.
- Return beef to wok with combined sauces and spice. Stir-fry until hot.
- Garnish with spring onions. Serve with steamed rice.