600 g orange sweet potato, peeled, cut into 2 cm pieces
3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
3 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tsp dried oregano
1 large red capsicum cut into chunks
1 corncob, husk and silk removed, cut into small chunks
1 large red onion, cut into wedges
400 g prepared beef meatballs
50 g (2 cups) salad leaves, to serve
100 g fresh low-fat ricotta, to serve
1 tbsp balsamic glaze to serve
1 lime cut into wedges to serve
125 ml (½ cup) water
- Put half the sweet potato in a shallow microwave dish. Add half the water, cover and cook on high/100% for 2-3 minutes or until almost tender. Drain and transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining sweet potato and water. Set aside.
- Preheat a barbecue plate on medium-high. Combine oil, lemon juice and oregano in a small bowl.
- Divide sweet potato, capsicum, corn, onion and meatballs and thread onto 12 x 26cm wooden skewers.
- Brush skewers with oregano mixture. Add to barbecue and reduce heat to medium. Cover with lid and cook for 5 minutes. Turn skewers, cover and cook for a further 5 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Divide salad leaves between serving plates. Sprinkle over ricotta and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Put 3 skewers on each plate and serve with a lime wedge.