400 g beef rump steak
3 cloves garlic, crushed
4 cm piece ginger, cut into fine batons
1 fresh long red chilli, deseeded, cut into fine batons
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp fish sauce
2 tsp caster sugar
Juice of 2 limes
2 tsp sesame oil
300 g fresh Hokkien noodles
⅓ cup vegetable oil
1 red capsicum, cut into strips
1 large carrot, cut into batons
1 cup snow peas, sliced
125 g punnet baby corn, halved lengthways
2 green shallots, finely sliced
½ cup fresh bean shoots to serve
½ cup fresh coriander leaves to serve
½ cup fresh mint leaves to serve
¼ cup chilli sauce to serve
- Slice beef into fine strips and transfer to a large bowl with garlic, ginger, chilli, soy, fish sauce, sugar, lime juice and sesame oil. Toss well to coat, then set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, put noodles in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 2 minutes, then drain.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of the oil in a wok over a high heat. When oil is smoking, add beef and cook for 3-4 minutes or until just cooked. Transfer to a bowl and set aside. Wipe out wok.
- Add 1 Tbsp of the oil to wok. Add vegetables and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes. Add to beef and wipe out wok.
- Pour remaining oil into wok. Add noodles and cook for 4 minutes or until lightly blackened. Remove from heat and arrange in serving bowls.
- Stir shallot into beef and vegetable mixture, then pile onto noodles. Top with bean shoots, coriander leaves, mint leaves and chilli sauce. Serve.