4 x 125 g beef minute steaks, halved crossways
400 g punnet tomato medley, halved
12 baby cos lettuce leaves
fresh basil, to garnish
1 ½ cups chopped, fresh parsley
1 cup chopped fresh basil
¼ cup chopped capers
⅓ cup chopped, pickled gherkins
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsp water
Salt and pepper, to taste
- To make salsa verde, place all ingredients in a large jug. Stir until combined.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper.
- Heat a lightly oiled, large char-grill pan over a high heat. Add steaks. Cook for about 1 minute on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove.
- Toss tomatoes with 2 tbsp of the salsa verde in a medium bowl.
- Serve steaks with tomatoes, lettuce and remaining salsa verde. Garnish with basil leaves.