¾ cup walnuts
1 tbsp olive oil
2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, halved diagonally
600 g piece thick rump steak
Salt and pepper, to taste
180 g bunch watercress (3 cups picked leaves), washed well
1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
500 g packet whole peeled, cooked beetroot, cut into wedges
¼ cup red wine vinegar
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- Heat a large, dry frying pan over a high heat. Add walnuts. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes, or until toasted. Remove.
- Heat oil in same frying pan over a high heat. Add asparagus. Cook, turning occasionally for about 4 to 5 minutes, or until just tender. Remove.
- Season steak with salt and pepper. Add to same hot pan. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Stand for 5 minutes. Remove fat. Thinly slice steak.
- Meanwhile, make dressing. Combine all ingredients in a small jug. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Combine walnuts, asparagus, steak, watercress, onion, beetroot and dressing in a large bowl. Toss lightly to combine. Serve immediately.