2 tbsp plain flour
1.5 kg piece beef chuck steak
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 red onion, diced
410 g canned tomatoes
1 cup beef stock
2 carrots, grated
1 zucchini, grated
1 packet taco shells to serve
3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
3 tomatoes finely diced to serve
1 cup grated cheese to serve
1 tub sour cream to serve
- Put flour onto a plate and roll beef in flour to coat. Set aside.
- Heat ½ of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, then cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to the bowl of a 4.5L slow cooker.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan and brown beef, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes. Transfer meat to slow-cooker bowl.
- Pour canned tomato and stock into bowl. Stir in carrot and zucchini. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Transfer beef to a chopping board and shred. Serve beef with pan sauce, tacos, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and sour cream.