100 g butter, chopped
150 g brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
45 g maple syrup
1 pinch sea salt flakes
170 g plain flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
150 g raspberries (frozen or fresh)
400 g icing sugar
50 g butter
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and line 12-hole muffin tin with silicone cupcake liners.
- Place butter into saucepan and cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until it starts to brown. Pour into Thermomix bowl and add sugar, vanilla and maple syrup. Blend 5 sec/speed 5. Scrape down and allow to cool slightly.
- Add eggs and blend 10 sec/speed 6. Add remaining ingredients for cupcakes and fold 12 sec/Interval. Scrape down sides of bowl to incorporate last little bits of flour. Divide equally among cupcake liners. Bake 20-25 minutes or until springing back when touched with a finger. Cool completely.
- Place berries and juice into Thermomix bowl and cook 6 min/100ºC/speed 2. Strain through a fine sieve and allow to completely cool.
- Place sugar and butter into Thermomix bowl and blend 6 sec/speed 6. Whip 30 sec/speed 4/butterfly.
- Remove butterfly and add raspberry puree a little at a time blending 3-4 sec/speed 6 between additions until you have your desired colour (you might have some leftover).
Remove frosting from bowl and place in fridge for an hour before piping onto cupcakes.