Put a cheesy twist on bolognese sauce with this fabulous baked version that's ready in just 20 minutes.
1 tblsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
750 g beef mince
Salt and pepper, to taste
680 g jar tomato pasta sauce
250 g packet garlic bread, cut into slices
1 cup grated pizza cheese
1 packet salad leaves to serve (optional)
- Heat oil in a large, deep, ovenproof frying pan. Add onion, garlic and mince. Cook, breaking up mince with a spoon, for about 6 minutes, or until cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add pasta sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, until hot. Remove from heat.
- Arrange the garlic bread slices over the mince mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 10 minutes, or until bread is toasted. Remove. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve with salad (optional).