Other shoppers were quick to respond with their stories.
‘Yep, acciddentally bumped ours and the same thing happened,’ said one. Added another: ‘Yes it happened to a friend of mine around a year or two ago too.’
Said a third: ‘Not this model but I’ve had another glass one do the same thing’
Added another: ‘My parents used to have the same one and my dad popped in down one day and he said he lightly knocked the corner on the cabinet as he was putting it down and it shattered and shot everywhere and glass ended up in his leg in a few places ... But in all seriousness, seems way too common 😐’
Said one more: ‘I think that’s a big issue... should contact Kmart... might need to be recalled?’
While everyone was horrified to read Codie’s story, many could see the lighter side as well.
Said one: ‘We had one almost identical from Big W explode. Just stoked it wasn’t while I was standing on it as that would have devastated my soul and forced me into polishing off another block of chocolate 😂’
Added another: ‘Luckily it didn't shatter when you were standing on it. That would kill the confidence 😂’
Said a third: ‘Mine hasn’t broken but I’m sure it tells lies!’ Added another: ‘Mine too it gets banished to the shed many times a month!’
Said one more: ‘If mine did that I'd take it personally!’
New Idea Food has reached out to Kmart for comment.