135 g unsalted butter, diced
⅓ cup water
1½ Tbsp vegetable oil
1½ Tbsp caster sugar
1½ cups plain flour
½ tsp fine salt
300 g double cream
½ cup icing sugar mixture
2 x 250 g punnets small strawberries
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Combine butter, water, oil and sugar in a large ovenproof bowl and put on middle rack of oven. Bake for 20 minutes or until light brown at edges.
- Remove bowl from oven and add in flour and salt.
- Stir mixture until a dough forms, being careful as bowl will be very hot.
- Press dough into eight 6.5cm fluted tartlet tins.
- Prick with a fork, then bake for 10-12 minutes. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool. Remove shells from tins.
- Whisk cream and icing sugar to soft peaks and spoon into shells. Put a single hulled strawberry in the centre of each. Slice remaining strawberries, then arrange 5 slices around each whole strawberry. Serve.