150 g unsalted butter, chopped, at room temperature
1 cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups plain flour
½ tsp baking powder
⅓ cup raspberry jam
¾ cup white chocolate melts melted
Sugar flowers, to decorate
- Grease and line three large oven trays with baking paper.
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg. Beat until combined. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in combined sifted flour and powder. Knead on a lightly floured bench until smooth. Divide into two equal portions. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until firm.
- Roll out one portion at a time between two sheets of baking paper until 7mm thick. Using a 7cm bunny-shaped cutter, cut out 46 shapes, re-rolling dough as necessary. Place 2cm apart on prepared trays.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 13 minutes, or until pale golden. Cool on trays.
- To decorate biscuits, spoon chocolate into a medium snap-lock bag and squeeze into one corner. Twist bag and snip tip of corner. Drizzle over biscuits on trays. Decorate half the biscuits with flowers. Stand at room temperature to set. Sandwich biscuits with jam.