10 large chicken drumsticks (2.2kg)
garlic salt, to taste
¼ cup water
200 g tub natural yoghurt
375 g sachet butter chicken sauce
fresh baby spinach leaves, to serve
Mango rice salad
450 g packet microwave basmati rice
¼ cup mango chutney
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 mango (400g), peeled, chopped
2 green spring onions, thinly sliced
½ cup dry roasted cashews
- Place chicken in a single layer in an oiled, large roasting pan. Season with garlic salt.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C), for 40 minutes, turning halfway through. Remove from oven.
- Add water to pan. Spoon combined yoghurt and sauce over chicken. Return pan to oven. Cook for a further 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked.
- Meanwhile, make salad. Cook rice according to packet directions. Spread out on a tray. Cool. Transfer rice to a large bowl. Whisk chutney and juice in a jug. Add to rice with remaining ingredients. Toss to combine.
- Serve spinach and salad in bowls. Top with chicken and sauce.