700 g diced chicken breast
¼ cup butter chicken sauce
1 Tbsp olive oil
400 g canned cherry tomatoes in tomato juice
300 ml tub light thickened cream
8 flat-bottom taco shells
250 g microwaveable white long grain rice
2 Tbsp caster sugar
2 Tbsp boiling water
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 Lebanese cucumber, halved, deseeded, thinly sliced
½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- To make pickle, dissolve sugar in water in a bowl. Stir in all the remaining ingredients. Refrigerate, covered for 20 minutes.
- Combine chicken and paste in a bowl. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add chicken in two batches. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 3 minutes, or until browned. Return all chicken to pan with tomatoes and cream.
- Bring to boil. Gently boil, stirring occasionally for about 6 minutes, or until chicken is cooked and sauce is slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, place tortilla boats on an oven tray.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 8 minutes, or until crisp.
- Heat rice according to packet directions. Divide among boats. Top with butter chicken and cucumber pickle