Celebrate with a barbecue in true Aussie style – featuring decadent pomegranate and herb salad to spice up the menu.
1 ½ kg chicken thigh fillets
⅓ cup butter chicken sauce
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
- Trim excess fat from chicken. Cut three deep slits, diagonally, on one side of each chicken fillet.
- Combine butter chicken paste and vinegar in a large shallow dish. Add chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Rub chicken to coat in mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- To make salad, cut pomegranate in half. Holding pomegranate cut-side down over a bowl, hit with a wooden spoon to remove seeds. Remove any white pith. Add remaining ingredients. Toss to combine.
- Heat an oiled, large, barbecue flat plate over a medium heat. Add chicken. Cook, turning occasionally for about 15 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove.
- Serve chicken with pomegranate and herb salad, yoghurt, roti bread and lemon wedges.