Cabanossi, Capsicum and Spinach Penne
*Serves 4, *Prep and Cook: 20 mins
- 375g penne pasta
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 sticks cabanossi (250g), thinly sliced
- 1 yellow capsicum, chopped
- 400g jar tomato pasta sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 120g baby spinach leaves
- Finely grated parmesan, to serve
- Cook pasta in a stockpot of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain. Return to same pan. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion and cabanossi. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until onion is soft and cabanossi is lightly browned.
- Add the capsicum. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in sauce and stock. Bring to boil. Gently boil for about 5 minutes, or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Add sauce to pasta with spinach. Stir over a low heat until spinach is just wilted, and pasta is hot. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with parmesan.
Try adding 1 tsp dried chilli flakes with onion. Replace yellow capsicum with red or green. Cabanossi is available from the deli section of major supermarkets.
For more quick and easy recipes, pick up your copy of 20 Minute Meals, available at selected newsagents and supermarkets or online for just $9.99.