And another plus? It’s not just the ultimate dessert for vegans - it’s Keto-approved too, for followers of the hugely-popular diet.
Kath and Jade have kindly shared the recipe on their Instagram page - which is a must follow, click here - and it’s earned praise from fans far and wild.
‘I just want to jump into my phone and gobble these up! Divine!’ says one fan. ‘Damn, just look at that gooey caramel!’ says another.
Added one more: ‘Wow and it's a Keto recipe, fantastic! Yes please!’ Said a fourth: 'Getting fat on this can't be bad! This is ALL goodness!'
Here’s Kath and Jade’s killer recipe - and they even have a nut-free budget version on their instagram too!
CASHEW CARAMEL SLICE
3/4 cup pecans
1 1/2 Tbsp coconut flour
1/3 cup cacao powder
9 medjool dates, pitted
Pinch of good-quality salt
1. Line a 15cm square tin with baking paper (I stick mine down with a little coco oil)
2. Add all ingredients besides the dates to a high-speed food processor and process into fine crumbs. Next, add dates and pulse until a sticky ball forms.
3. Press dough into the lined tin, creating a firm and even base layer
2 cups medjool dates, pitted
1/2 cup roasted cashew butter
1/4 cup rice malt syrup
1/4 cup mesquite powder (or lacuma)
1/2 tsp good-quality salt
1/4 cup coconut condensed milk
1. Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender, and blend until very smooth. You will need to scrape the sides at least one.
2. Pour over your base layer, smooth with a hot spoon, and set in the freezer while you make the choc top.
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1 Tbsp roasted cashew butter
1/3 cup rice malt syrup
1/3 cup cacao powd
1. Combine all ingredients and melt. Pour over caramel slice and allow to set, then slice.