2 x 200 g packets lattice biscuits
2 tsp powdered gelatine
1 Tbsp instant coffee granules
¼ cup water
250 g block cream cheese, chopped, room temperature
¾ cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
¾ cup thickened cream
cocoa powder, to decorate
1 tsp instant coffee granules
1 Tbsp boiling water
1 tsp honey
¾ cup icing sugar mixture
- Grease a 19cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above the pan edges.
- Set aside 40 biscuits. Reserve remaining biscuits for another use. Arrange 20 of the biscuits, glazed-side up, over base of the prepared pan, trimming neatly to fit.
- Sprinkle gelatine and coffee over water in small heatproof jug. Sit jug in a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until gelatine is dissolved. Remove. Cool for 10 minutes, but don’t allow to set.
Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl of an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in the coffee mixture. Add the cream and beat until soft peaks form.
- Spoon mixture over biscuits in the pan. Spread evenly. Arrange remaining 20 biscuits, glazed-side up, over the top, trimming neatly to fit. Cover. Refrigerate for 4 hours, or overnight until set.
- To make icing, dissolve coffee in boiling water in a bowl. Stir in the honey. Add sugar. Stir until smooth. Pour over slice. Spread evenly to cover. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes, or until icing is set.
Lift the slice out of the pan onto a chopping board. Dust with sifted cocoa. Cut into squares to serve.