2 cups raisins (375g)
1 cup sultanas (180g)
1 cup chopped dried mango (150g)
1 cup chopped dried pineapple (150g)
⅓ cup chopped glace ginger (60g)
2 tbsp golden syrup
⅓ cup Malibu white rum
250 g unsalted butter, chopped, at room temperature
¾ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 cup chopped macadamia nuts (200g)
1 ½ cups plain flour
⅓ cup self-raising flour
Christmas decorations and ribbon, to decorate
- Combine all fruit, ginger, syrup and Malibu in an extra large bowl. Stand, covered, overnight.
- Grease a 20cm square cake pan. Line base and sides with three layers of baking paper, extending paper 5cm above pan edges.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until just combined. Stir into fruit mixture with macadamias. Add combined sifted flours. Stir with a wooden spoon until well combined. Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth over top.
- Cook in a slow oven (150C), covering top loosely with foil halfway through cooking, for about 2 hours, or until cooked when tested. Remove. Leave cake in pan and wrap in a clean tea towel until completely cool.
- To serve, turn out cake and decorate, as pictured.