400 g cauliflower
¼ cup olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
425 g canned black beans, drained
40 g sachet burrito seasoning mix
¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander
8 flour tortillas (18cm)
1 ⅓ cups grated mozzarella
120 g mixed salad leaves
2 x 250 g punnets cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 avocado, chopped
2 tbsp lime juice
- Coarsely chop cauliflower including stems. Pulse in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a stockpot over a medium to high heat. Add cauliflower and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until starting to soften. Add beans, half the seasoning and 2/3 cup water. Stir for about 5 minutes, or until thickened and cauliflower is soft. Cool slightly. Stir in coriander.
- Spread about 1/3 cup bean mixture evenly over one half of each tortilla. Top each with 2 tbsp cheese. Fold in half.
- Cook in batches in a heated sandwich press for about 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- To make salsa, combine remaining oil and seasoning with tomatoes, avocado and juice.
- Serve quesadillas cut in half with salsa and mixed leaves.