2 x 350 g eggplants, trimmed
¼ cup olive oil
250 g fresh ricotta
⅓ cup fresh basil pesto
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp caster sugar
2 x 350 g punnets tomato medley, halved
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
½ cup chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste
- To make marinated tomatoes, whisk oil, vinegar, garlic and sugar in a large bowl until combined. Add tomatoes. Toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, for 1 hour. Stir in onions and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cut eggplants into 2cm rounds (you will need 12 slices). Brush with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a lightly oiled, large, barbecue grill plate over a medium heat. Add eggplants. Cook, for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until charred and tender. Remove.
- Combine ricotta and pesto in a bowl. Mix well.
- Arrange warm eggplants in a single layer on a platter. Spoon over ricotta mixture. Top with marinated tomatoes.