Quick fix weeknights – this delightful meal will be on your table in less than 25 minutes, and it's perfect to feed the family.
375 g penne pasta
280 g jar mixed chargrilled vegetables in oil
3 zucchini, thinly sliced
400 g jar tomato pasta sauce
¼ cup sundried tomato pesto
½ cup coarsely chopped basil, plus extra to garnish
finely grated Parmesan, to serve
- Cook pasta in a stockpot of boiling, salted water for about 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain pasta, reserving half a cup of the cooking liquid. Return pasta to pot.
- Meanwhile, drain the chargrilled vegetables, reserving 2 tblsps of the oil.
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add zucchini. Cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes, or until tender. Add the sauce and pesto. Bring to a boil, stirring.
- Transfer zucchini mixture to pasta in the stockpot. Add reserved cooking water. Stir over a high heat until hot. Season and stir through chopped basil.
- Serve pasta drizzled with reserved oil. Garnish with basil leaves. Serve with parmesan.