200 g dark chocolate, chopped
150 g unsalted butter, chopped
1 cup caster sugar
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1¼ cups plain flour
¼ cup cocoa powder
½ tsp baking powder
Ice-cream, to serve
Cream cheese mixture
250 g block cream cheese, chopped, at room temperature
⅓ cup caster sugar
- Grease a 19cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 4cm above pan edges.
- Stir chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan over a low heat until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl. Cool slightly.
- Whisk sugar and eggs into chocolate mixture until combined. Add combined sifted flour, cocoa and baking powder. Stir until smooth. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- To make cream cheese mixture, beat cream cheese and sugar in a small bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg until combined. Drop spoonfuls of mixture over chocolate layer in pan. Using a fork, swirl mixtures together to create a marbled effect.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Cool in pan.
- Cut brownies into squares. Serve with ice-cream.