Up your baked potato game with these cheesy little parcels – they're the ideal side to any meat or vegie dish.
10 small brushed potatoes, scrubbed, washed
cooking oil spray
150 g short cut bacon rashers, finely chopped
⅓ cup sour cream
2 green spring onions, thinly sliced
1 cup shredded tasty cheese
salt and pepper to taste
paprika, to taste
sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- Cook potatoes in a stockpot of boiling water for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until just tender. Drain. Stand until cool enough to handle. Cut in half lengthways.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out flesh from potatoes, leaving a 0.5cm thick shell. Coarsely mash flesh. Place 1 1⁄2 cups flesh into a large bowl. Reserve remaining for another recipe.
- Arrange potato skins, cut side up, on a large, oiled oven tray. Spray with oil.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 20 minutes, or until golden. Remove.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in an oiled frying pan over a high heat, stirring until golden. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Add to potato flesh with cream, onions and half the cheese. Season. Stir to combine.
- Spoon heaped tablespoons of potato mixture into skins on tray. Sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese, then paprika.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until skins are crisp.
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce (optional).