200 g glace cherries, halved
1 tbsp plain flour
2 cups self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
250 g butter, chopped at room temperature
¾ cup raw caster sugar
⅓ cup milk
125 g marzipan, grated
4 cups pure icing sugar, sifted
¼ tsp almond essence
300 g packet royal icing mix, prepared as directed
candy-coated speckled crispy chocolate mini eggs, to decorate
2.8 g packet edible wafer daisies, to decorate
- Toss cherries though the 1 tablespoon of plain flour, then leave to the side.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (150°C fan forced). Line 24 x ⅓-cup capacity muffin holes with paper cases, or use edible wafer cupcake cases if you like. Sift flour and baking powder together and set aside.
- Place butter and sugar into a bowl and beat until creamy, add the eggs one at a time and beat until creamy. Then fold in the milk, flour mixture, marzipan and the glacé cherries.
- Divide mixture between the muffin tin holes and bake for 20-25 min. Cool on a wire rack.
- Add almond essence to the icing mix. Spoon over the cupcakes and smooth with a spatula. Top with speckled eggs and wafer daisies. Let the icing set and keep in a covered container. Arrange cupcakes on layered cake stands to serve.