1 ½ cups rice and quinoa blend
2 Lebanese cucumbers
300 g fresh cherries, pitted and halved
½ cup fresh coriander leaves
⅓ cup fresh parsley leaves
⅓ cup torn fresh mint leaves
⅓ cup flaked coconut, toasted
100 g marinated Persian feta, drained
⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup red wine vinegar
3 tsp caster sugar
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse rice and quinoa blend under cold water. Add to a stockpot of cold water. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and gently boil, uncovered, for 25 minutes. Drain well. Transfer to a large bowl. Cool.
- Meanwhile, cut cucumbers in half lengthways. Using a teaspoon, scrape away seeds. Discard. Cut cucumbers into 1cm pieces.
- Add cucumbers to rice and quinoa with cherries, herbs, coconut and crumbled feta. Toss to combine.
- To make dressing, place all ingredients in a small jug. Whisk well.
- Just before serving, drizzle dressing over salad. Toss gently to combine.